Thursday, December 3, 2009

Birth Date - Funeral

They're inducing me tomorrow at five in the morning. December 4th will be her birthday. It will also be the day she died. We've started packing for the hospital stay. Beckett's blankie is on the top of the suitcase, along with the ducky outfit we picked for her to wear in her casket.

No one is allowed in the delivery room, but visitors are welcomed after she's passed. We'll only have a few minutes with her while she's alive, so we'd like to keep it quiet. We're not trying to hurt anyone's feelings.. I just want to focus on her while we have her.

Her funeral is set for 10 in the morning on Wednesday. The public is welcomed. We'll all be meeting at Brock's funeral home on Hwy 22, here in Panama City. This is by no means a private funeral - if you feel like you need to come say goodbye, feel free. I know a lot of people have been keeping tabs on us and have involved themselves at an emotional level. I understand, I empathize and I thank you.

We love all of you and appreciate that you've come this far with us.

3 comments:

  1. you are all in our prayers...
    cassie (a friend of donna's)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tina ~ I admire your strength. You are an awesome young woman. Hugs to you.

    Love to you all!
    Paige

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tina, I am a friend of your Aunt Donna in Muscatine, IA. I have been reading your blogs on your journey with Beckett. I am still up tonight, now today, & it is 5:20 a.m. EST. I know God's Grace is with you at this time. I hope you and your husband can be at peace. Thinking of you & praying for you all.
    Debi Hahn, Osprey, FL

    ReplyDelete